The Pedagogical Innovation Support Office
Due to the importance of pedagogical innovation in Higher Education, motivating teachers and students, preventing dropouts and increasing academic success, in 2018, the University of Algarve created the Pedagogical Innovation Support Office (GAIP).
- Reduce student dropouts from UAlg;
- Promote pedagogical innovation practices that contribute to the motivation of teachers, as well as to the learning and academic success of students at UAlg;
- Promote the development of transversal skills in teachers and students of UAlg;
- Simultaneously with the creation of GAIP, its Advisory Council was created, which includes the Presidents of the Pedagogical Councils of the Organic Units, as well as representatives of the various offices and services of UAlg.
Academic Programme Advisory Council
Created in 2018, this Council aims to contribute to a better transition of students from secondary education to higher education, to stimulate joint actions that promote academic success and reduce UAlg student dropout rates and to stimulate pedagogical innovation practices that contribute to the acquisition of skills by UAlg students, through a better articulation of teaching and learning activities with public and private entities in the region.
Its composition includes representatives of the secondary education School Groups and Non-Group Schools in the region.
Pedagogical Innovation and New Technologies Working Group
The Pedagogical Innovation and New Technologies working group was created in order to develop and implement measures that contribute to the use of new information and communication technologies, such as:
- Promote initiatives within the scope of new technologies in teaching activities;
- Implement distance learning courses;
- Conduct UAlg faculty training to implement innovative pedagogical practices through the use of new technologies.
The University of Algarve aims to prevent dropout and promote students' academic success.
Following the project “Don't give up on yourself”, from the General Directorate of Higher Education (DGES), the e-mail account firstname.lastname@example.org was created, to which you should send an e-mail if you think about giving up your course, identifying you (name, year and course you are attending) and stating the reasons why you want to quit.
UAlg's goal is to find solutions that allow you to continue your course, with motivation and success.
However, if the doubts about your continuity at UAlg persist, we will be happy to help you by asking you to fill in the form available here.