Why study with us?
The University of Algarve’s prime location in proximity to Faro Airport, the quality of its teaching and research and its excellent infrastructures, together with the synergies it establishes with the region, give this university on the periphery a central and international status.
Here, the concept of proximity is widely experienced, without any barriers between all members of the academic community, providing an educational environment in which students and teaching staff work in close collaboration with the aim of adapting the each student’s experience to the learning standards.
It should also be noted that the university stands out in various international rankings, namely in the areas of Health Sciences and Technologies; Economics, Management and Tourism; Social and Education Sciences and Exact and Natural Sciences.
In the same way that the University of Algarve is unique, each organic unit is also distinguished and differentiated by its uniqueness, by the unmistakable characteristics and potential that make each School, Faculty or Institute an open space of excellence, sharing and welcoming.
Why choose ESGHT?
• Because we offer a solid range of courses, all of which are accredited by the Higher Education Assessment and Accreditation Agency;
• Because we constantly update and innovate our range of courses, following the trends and needs of the business market; - Because the learning environment promotes proximity with companies in terms of pedagogical innovation through the application of Problem Based Learning (PBL) methodologies, and through internships integrated into course syllabuses;
• Because the employability rates of our courses reflect the confidence in the knowledge transmitted.
• Because we have two campuses in the Algarve - Faro and Portimão - offering on daytime and evening classes, allowing worker-students to continue their education;
• Because we have dozens of protocols with other higher education institutions in Portugal and abroad that allow us to receive and send students on mobility programmes, promoting internationalisation and multicultural sharing.